Today I am sharing a delicious and easy Apple Cake made from scratch. This soft and moist Apple Cake is packed with fresh apples and features a crunchy cinnamon and coconut topping on the top! It’s Apple-licious 🍎 What you have here is a melt-in-your-mouth cake that’s studded with fresh apples. The cake itself is moist which comes from the the use of oil instead of butter and greek yogurt. It boasts a sugar cinnamon crumble, that once baked, becomes crisp and flavourful. The cinnamon and coconut topping adds a crunchy texture to the cake, It’s pure perfection.
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 cup chopped red apple
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease 9 inch round cake tin.
- In a bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Whisk well
- Add eggs, vanilla, oil and yoghurt. Whisk briefly just to break up the egg yolks.
- Gently mix with a wooden spoon until combined – but be careful not to over mix. Spoon batter into prepared tin.
- Add chopped apple on top
- To make cinnamon topping, combine cinnamon, coconut, brown sugar and butter. Mix together until lumpy and wet. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake cake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.