Eggless Chocolate Cake
NO EGGS, NO MILK, NO BUTTER easy and moist chocolate cake you can make with ingredients you actually have in your cupboard right now, which we now call our CHOCOLATE LOCKDOWN CAKE. This chocolate cake is super easy to make, you only need a bowl and a whisk to whip this up and takes about 10 minutes to prepare before you place it in the oven.
- 1 ½ cups - flour
- 1 cup - sugar
- ½ cup - cocoa powder
- 2 tsp - baking soda
- 1/2 tsp - salt
- 3/4 cup - oil (sunflower or vegetable)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp - instant coffee powder
1. Preheat the oven to 160c regular bake.
2. Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir with a whisk to combine evenly.
3. Pour the oil, vinegar, vanilla and coffee mixture into your mix. Using the whisk, start in the middle and stir the mixture GENTLY in a circular motion until the mixture is combined to a smooth batter.
4. Bake just below the centre of the oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven.
5. Serve with your favourite chocolate icing or alone 🙂