Today I am sharing with you my favourite best ever eggless vanilla cake that has no eggs, no milk, and no butter! This is the easiest, most delicious vanilla cake recipe you can make with simple, affordable pantry staples that you will already have in your kitchen cupboard! One bowl, 30 minutes and no mixers needed! Vanilla cake is hands down, one of the most underrated desserts, in my opinion! I’m not even kidding- This is the best and easy vanilla cake recipe you’ll ever make.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Form a well in the centre of your dry mixture. Add the vinegar. add the vanilla extract, and in the final one, add the Oil. Pour the water over the top and using a whisk or wooden spoon, mix together, until fully combined.
3. Transfer your vanilla cake batter in the lined pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out just clean.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, frost the cooled cake.
- Baking soda– Unlike baking powder, baking soda gives the vanilla cake some ‘lift’, but also leavens the cake.
- Salt– Believe it or not, salt brings out the sweetness, and a necessity for any cake, muffin or brownie!
- White vinegar – This is what replaces the eggs, and also gives the cake stability! You could swap this out for apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice.
- Oil - Any standard oil is fine for this recipe. I used canola oil, as it is what I had on hand, but you can also use vegetable oil, coconut oil, safflower oil, etc.
- Vanilla extract - A MUST for any baked good, but especially for this vanilla cake!
- Do not over-bake the cake, as it continues to cook in the pan as it cools. Check around the 25-minute mark, and adjust from there.