Today I am showing you how to make doughnuts/donuts using only 2 ingredients and without yeast – these are simple to make and impossible to go wrong! These can be topped with your favourite toppings. In this recipe, I am coating them in chocolate sauce, butter glaze and simple icing/powdered sugar! This is an adapted version from the garden foodie – check out their recipes here: https://thegardeningfoodie.com/2-ingredient-donuts/
- 1 Cup Self Rising Flour ( 1 cup )
- 1 and ¼ Cup - Greek Yoghurt / Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and yoghurt. Mix and knead lightly to form a soft dough.
- In a deep-frying pan or pot, heat up oil to deep fry the donuts.
To check whether the oil is hot enough, fry a little bit of dough in the oil. The oil will be ready when the dough turns a golden brown and floats to the top.
- Pour the sticky mixture into a piping bag.
- Carefully drop the doughnuts into oil. Allow the donuts to fry for about 1 minute per side or until golden brown.
Transfer the cooked donuts onto a plate lined with paper towels. If you are coating the donuts in your favourite toppings while they are still warm.